Senior Finance Manager - Aston Villa FCAston Villa FC have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to join a small, friendly, finance team reporting into the Financial Controller, based at Villa Park.
The right candidate will be responsible for production and full review of management accounts, budgets & forecasts and financial reporting.
• Production and full review of management accounts, budgets & forecasts and related financial reports in conjunction with the Financial Controller, within required time-scales. To include full responsibility of the management of the underlying ledgers and investigation of all variances.
• Full monthly balance sheet review and reconciliation.
• Implementation and operation of regular cash flow reporting.
• To support Club departments financial requirements by maintaining and developing a strong working relationship with relevant budget holders and senior management and be seen as the first line of support to these business areas on financial matters
• Ensure the reliability of data processing and the integrity of the information generated over all aspects of the financial system and processes.
• Focus on all aspects of spending/cost performance working closely with the procurement department. Working with procurement on purchasing and contract management and work with the Financial Controller in leading the purchase ledger team to move from a paper based system.
• To improve checks which provide effective supervision of control activities. Follow-up procedures should be established and performed to ensure appropriate change or action occurs, e.g. full review of the creditor and debtors report with the supervisors.
Skills required• Finalist/Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA)
• Proven experience in a senior finance role with previous experience of management accounts production
• Proven finance business partnering experience• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of stakeholder management• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and be confident in your project reporting skills
• Excellent Excel/report writing skills
How to applyTo apply please send your CV and covering letters, including your current salary details to email@example.com or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Advisor, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
More info at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers