Birmingham City Football Club is looking for an Academy CoachA number of coaches are required on a self-employed basis across the Foundation and Youth Development Phases in our elite Academy department. Some of the key tasks of these roles are as follows:
• Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the designated group as per the APP.
• Lead on coaching within training and games for the designated group.
• Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
• To plan, create and evaluate coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan.
• Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players.
• Ensure the review process is operated for each player every mesocycle as set out in the APP.
• Monitor and record training/fixture content, objectives, evaluations, time and attendance on the PMA.
• Monitor and evaluation of all players with the age group for succession planning process.
• Oversee the trialist’s providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing / exit policy.
• Ensure appropriate communication of future activities and/or changes (times/dates).
• Liaison with all departments to enhance a multi-disciplinary process.
• Undertake administrative tasks related to the role as and when required.
• To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards. (kit, bibs, balls, cones and all).
• Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
• Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
• Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
Birmingham City FC seek to discover coaches able to deliver with enthusiasm and energy, whilst also meeting the following essential criteria:-
• UEFA B Licence
• FA Youth Module 3
• FA Safeguarding Certificate
• Basic First Aid in Sport Certificate
• Knowledge of the Player Performance Pathway (EPPP)
• Design and implementation of coaching curriculum
• Computer literate
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of growth and maturity within young players
• Able to demonstrate a desire to develop their coaching knowledge through course access and CPD
• UEFA A Licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Understanding of teaching and learning strategies
• Experience working within an elite playing environment
• Knowledge of the Performance Management Application (PMA)
• Valid driving licence
• Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times
• Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages
• Able to demonstrate a desire to develop coaching knowledge through course access and CPD
• Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
Only applicants that meet the above essential criteria for the person specification will be considered for the role.
Anyone interested should apply online at the following link. CV’s will not be accepted.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
How to applyAnyone interested should apply online at the following link. CVs will not be accepted.
More info at: https://bcfc.octo-firstclass.co.uk/candidates/account/login/44982?aisId=12&rmId=1059&src=3
Wast Hills Training Ground, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 9EJ
Fixed Term (Part time)
31 March 2017
9 April 2017